Online booking available for UK visa application appointments
The UK Border Agency (UKBA) has launched a new online system to allow UK visa applicants to make appointments using the internet.
Applicants for visas that will allow them to live and work in the UK can now book their appointments online. Applicants can book appointments to get a same-day decision at a public enquiry office under the ‘premium application’ scheme. This requires the applicant to pay a higher application fee for their visa.
Appointments can also be made using the new online system by people who have made their applications by post but need to enroll their biometrics information. This can be done at one of 11 biometrics centres and enables foreign nationals to acquire the necessary identification card required to move to the UK.
The online system is intended to free-up the UKBA’s call centres for more urgent enquiries. Large family groups of 11 or more who are all applying to live in the UK can still use the telephone booking system. It will also remain available to people who simply prefer to call or do not have access to the internet.
The system has been live since 18 September.
Related news stories
- UK immigration border staff strike to go ahead
- UK Immigration workers vote to strike
- UK immigration may speed up ID cards for foreigners
- Travellers stranded at snowed-in airports due to UK visa restrictions
- New technology to streamline UK immigration
- UKBA responds to visa concerns of Nigerians
- UK Border Agency declared a success
- Employers reminded to apply for Sponsorship Licence
- UK Immigration Trials for Border Face Recognition Machines Begin
- UK Announce Plans to Improve PBS Process for Sponsors